Things have been fairly quiet here on the blog recently – but it hasn’t been for lack of writing!
This last month, I’ve been asked to participate in several interviews (including a yet to be published group interview). If you’ve always wanted to know more about the face behind iDesign Studios, you’ve come to the right place!
Below is a bit of a sneak peek into more in-depth interviews at Michaelbox and The Geek Talk that answer a few questions about who I am, what I do, some of my favorite practices in web design and freelancing, as well as a few off-the-wall questions…
Anyone up for a game of Rock / Paper / Scissors? LOL
By Michael Beckwith – May 12, 2010
read the full interview
- Who are you and what do you do?
- What is one thing that you would love to see available in a default wordpress install, that isn’t presently there?
- Where were you on the night of February 30th, 2002? Don’t try to lie your way out of this one, we have leads saying you were fraternizing, with Curlz MT Font!
- You are also a twitterholic, along with Grace Smith, but attended last week’s meeting only after a heavy amount of arm twisting. Who are some people that you think everyone should follow?
- You are stranded on a desert island and find a bottle and blank piece of parchment to be used for a rescue message. What font would you use for the message?
- What are a couple things you miss about any 9–5 cubicle life that you’ve experienced? It would be hard to argue that there are no benefits to that career path over a freelancing path.
- When birds stand on power lines and don’t get hurt, it’s most likely because of…
- Do you have any personal quotes that you’d like to share with the internet?
- What CSS3/HTML5 elements have you wiggling in your chair the most?
- Can you recall any client moments that really made you go *facepalm*?
- If you were an LOLCat, what would be your caption?
- Favorite Internet Meme?
- If you could visit any art age in the past, which would you choose and for how long?
- It’s the showdown to end all showdowns, the battle of epic proportions! It’s brought kingdoms down to their knees and made once-brave warriors tremble in fear! It’s Pirates vs Ninjas dueling to the death in Rock/Paper/Scissors. Which side are you on and which hand do you throw?
- Any closing comments or thoughts?
The Geek Talk
By The Geek Talk – May 19, 2010
read the full interview
- Do you have a personal Brand?
- How do you find design inspiration and colours for a new project?
- What does your typical day look like?
- What do you do in your free time?
- Current favorite apps?
- What OS do you prefer?
- Small picture for your Workplace?
- Favorite: Color, Font, Language, JS Framework?
- Name something that has inspired you recently?
- What do you prefer (and why)? Freelance work or full time employment?
- What are your personnel projects and goals for 2010?
Looking for More?
I’ve been very fortunate to have been asked to write guest posts for several blogs and participate in other interviews over the last few years. If you’re curious, you can view those guest posts and interviews, read my biography, or even find out how to pronounce my name. Yes, I get just about every pronunciation imaginable – except the correct one, of course!
It goes without saying that I’d like to thank Michaelbox and The Geek Talk for taking the time to include me in their interview series! I hope you’ll have a look at the posts to find out more about me, and the other great designers these sites have featured, as well!
- Elsewhere on the Web – Interview Edition
- My Interview on SparkPlugging: How to Take the Freelance Plunge in 6 Months
- Crash Course on Organizing Your Home Office Paper
- Guest Post on Freelance Folder -15 Incredible WordPress Theme Customizations
- Guest Post on Freelance Folder – 10 SEO Techniques All Top Web Sites Should Use